Monday, July 18, 2005

Thank You, Tom Maguire

I was very annoyed during my 20-minute-scarf-lunch-at-your-desk-while-catching-up-on-the-news-break today as I read headline after headline indiscrimately recounting the meme that "Bush has changed his position" or "Bush qualified his statement" with respect to the Rove/Plame leak. Inspired, I took 10 minutes to click around the White House website and run a few Google queries and lo and behold President Bush's statement today meshes perfectly with what he said in Sept 2003 and even jives with what he said in June , despite the media's frantic spinning and parsing.

Of course, at this point, it was time to dial into yet another conference call about national sales and whatnot, and I had no time left to blog what I had discovered. Well, many thanks to Tom Maguire at Just One Minute for staying right on top of it and doing an unquestionably better job at it than I could. Be sure to click on over for the whole scoop.

And, while you're at it, you should read Andrew C. McCarthy's column at NRO which offers up some other useful facts about the whole imbroglio.